Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Personal Prayers

These personal prayers, written by the Adat Shalom Bloggers, are for them to read to themselves during the Amidah. The prayers are written from their hearts and their minds, and they want to share them with their friends and family who are reading.

By Chocolate milk Marks-

1.
I hope my family will be healthy
I pray my friends will be in happiness
I wish the ones I love will always be safe
But I thank God everyday
That they love me as much as I love them

2.
The hope in my heart, will stay with me forever
The doubt in my head, is anything but clever
Shade from the trees give me cool air to realize my surroundings
I think of my house
I think of my foundings
I know in my heart that
I will never forget
The love I have shared and will never fret
The wind blows my hair and rustles the leaves and fruit
But the ground is soft
Sitting next to You
Remember me as I remember You
Because You know the love we share will always be true

By Rachel Bear-

We will never cease to love You because it is so easy and natural
As a daughter
I love my mother and father
And I am grateful for You
And I think of you every day
Even in my sleep
When I am awake
Every hour and every minute

By Rami Landes-

At the end of each day the sun shall set
Darkness descending like a fish net

Yet each day the sun shall rise
A marvelous sight for weak, sorry eyes

And then there is a time in between
A time where people aren't nice or mean

A time when the sick don't feel better or worse
A time when the sick don't need a nurse

If we could live in that time
People would enjoy this rhyme

By Emily Goldstein-

The water runs down
God cries tears of happiness
For the wellness of His creations
He made in His image
Cries tears of sadness
For the Wickedness of His creation
God is one

Grant me the ability
To cure the deepest hatred
And return it with love
A love so pure
That the most influence will fail
In the name of the Lord
That no rule will be broken
That no trust will fade
That no bonding will be destroyed
No love for God will be confiscated
Amen

By Eden Glucksman-

Thank you for letting me go to Ramah
Thank you for letting me have a healthy family
Thank you for the food and shelter I have today

By Daniela Bernstein-

Thank you God for twisted trees
For running children
For dead leaves
For splotched shadows
For hanging peas
For broken silly bands at the bottom of the pool
For cheering
For scratching pens
For detached feathers
For hanging vines
For parrots
For the shining leaves
For old mitts
For worn shoes
For funny answers
For eyes

1 comment:

  1. You all are such beautiful writers! I hope all of your parents are reading these prayers so they can be as proud of you as I am of my blogger! I am crying tears of joy as I read these and yes - we all have so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete